BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's gonna be a long night...

Well, its only 6:15 and instead of accomplishing my to-do list, I have accomplished watching numerous tornadoes form in our area. Luckily enough none touchdowned in town, obviously or I wouldn't be typing this. But, we did have one start its rotation right over our neighborhood. Lovely, right. Sadly, enough it looks like we have another round of storms coming our way. YAY! (note sarcasm).

It seems like lately all we have tornadoes one week, then floods, then tornadoes, then floods...well you get the idea. I'm tired of storms. Us here in the south need a break.

The good thing, we finally purchased a storm radio. We have been needing one, so while were out today getting supper while we still could, we decided to go buy one because it was looking like it was gonna get hairy. What would you know...not even five minutes after buying one my mom calls and says we have thirty minutes before we get slammed by a tornado. Lucky us, we have a radio just incase our power goes out. So we get our food, and go home. I get my hall closet all ready for us to go hide out. And nothing...so we wait and go outside. Scary clouds. Check. Tornado sirens. Check. Weather man saying get in our safe zone. Check. Storm deciding to go north. Check. Yep, after all of that we didn't get hit. Which is a good thing, not so good for our neighboring towns.

But it looks like we have a break for now. At least I have radio now for tonight. Maybe, I'll get some sleep. Maybe.

0 comments: